- n tropical American heron related to night herons
- n diving ducks of North America having a bluish-grey bill
- n freshwater duck of the northern hemisphere having a broad flat bill
- n small birds of the Old World tropics having bright plumage and short wide bills
- When a flock of teal or broadbill flares past, most duck gunners would swear especially if they have missed their shots that the birds were moving 75 to 100 m.
- Because its soft mouth is hard to hook and harder to keep hooked, the giant broadbill swordfish, one of the seas' sportiest inhabitants, is the most difficult fish to take on rod.
- Once hooked the game, resourceful broadbill will roll (to shake the hook from his soft mouth, if caught there), sound (dive straight for the bottom), double under the boat to .