- n a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
News & Articles
- Britain to regulate e-cigarettes as medicine from 2016
Britain is set to regulate electronic cigarettes as non-prescription medicines from 2016 in an attempt to improve quality, though the country's drugs watchdog said they would still be sold in convenience stores.
June 12, 2013 - Fox News
- Britain's Supreme Court says oil tycoon must hand over properties in costly divorce case
LONDON — Britain's top court has handed an oil tycoon a costly setback in a divorce case, ruling he must give his ex-wife assets held by companies he owns.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Britain Tightening Regulations On E-Cigarettes
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online Britain's medicines regulator, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency ( MHRA ), said this week that electronic cigarettes and similar products containing nicotine will be undergoing some stricter regulations in 2016. MHRA said that in three years e-cigarettes will require a license, treating the vapor smokes the same way as other ...
June 12, 2013 - redOrbit
- George Osborne in Vancouver Sun
The Prime Minister is also clear that we need constructive solutions and that we remember the economic value BP brings to people in Britain and America,Osborne added after calls from business leaders, politicians and newspapers to defend BP.
- Oleg Gordievsky in St.Petersburg Times.ru
They are supposed to be the vanguard of Russian intelligence,Gordievsky said. "But what they are really doing is nothing, they just sit at home in Britain, France and the US"
- Gordon Brown in Reuters
It is to make Britain safe and the rest of the world safe that we must make sure we honour our commitment to maintain a free and stable Afghanistan,Brown said.