brit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native or inhabitant of Great Britain
- n the young of a herring or sprat or similar fish
- n minute crustaceans forming food for right whales
News & Articles
- Brit + Co. Raises $6.3M Series A Led by Oak Investment Partners
Brit + Co., a new media company that inspires and enables the world to live more creatively, is excited to announce a $6.3 million Series A led by Oak Investment Partners, with participation from Index Ventures, Lerer Ventures, and Cowboy Ventures.
June 26, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Brit + Co. Raises Funds to Broaden ‘Maker’ Audience
Brit Morin, at the ripe age of 27, has not only built a startup but managed to become a face for one of tech’s fastest-growing niches. Thanks to some new funding, we might be seeing it more often.
June 26, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- Brit + Co. raises $6.3 million to build DIY-driven media company
Brit + Co. wants to help you make all the projects you see on Pinterest and turn them into real-life goods. The company has built a personality-driven media company that capitalizes on the trends we've seen in commerce and social media.
June 26, 2013 - GigaOM
- Neil Patrick Harris in ChicagoNow (blog)
After having had such a hoot hosting the Tonys, I was thrilled to get the call about the prime-time Emmys,Harris told the AP. "But which voice to choose? I'm torn between gangsta, foppish Brit, and robot. Really proud of my robot. We'll...
- James Blake in International Herald Tribune
I guess I'm the closest thing to a Brit left in this tournament,Blake said after beating Andrei Pavel of Romania 6-4, 6-3, 6-3, "so hopefully I'll have a few fans."
- Helen Mirren in ABC News
I'm so proud. I love this award more than any other award,said Mirren, who was chosen as best actress in a TV movie or miniseries. "I think especially being a Brit, American film acting has always inspired us and influenced us and pressed...