- n a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest especially of beef
- Then New York's Pat La Frieda Wholesale Meat Purveyors started selling a proprietary blend of chuck and brisket to top restaurants, some of which also had short rib and hanger .
- The foodie revolution that began in the '70s--arugula over iceberg, short ribs over brisket, etc.
- The Kansas City pitmaster and the Texas brisket king are alive, well and perfecting their marinades and slow-cooking techniques.
News & Articles
- Jonathan Gold | L.A. restaurant review: Bludso's Bar & Que mixes smoke and swank
Michael Pollan may have spent a zillion pages examining the smoked whole hogs at North Carolina's creaky Skylight Inn in "Cooked: A Natural History of Transformation," and the legend of Kansas City's Arthur Bryant's is eternal, but the real story in barbecue in the last several years has been the gentrification of the genre: spareribs and long-smoked brisket repositioned as totems of the ...
June 21, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Rick Moranis' My Mother's Brisket & Other Love Songs in Stores Now
Actor, comedian and multiple GRAMMY nominated artist Rick Moranis released his new album, My Mother's Brisket & Other Love Songs, this week. Already the No. 1 selling comedy album on Amazon and in the ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry Hits Up NYC On Job-Poaching Tour
On Wednesday, with the smell of smoked brisket enticing taste buds at a Manhattan barbecue restaurant, the chief executive of the Lone Star State hoped his southern charm would work on local businesses.
June 19, 2013 - CBS New York
- Ron Blomberg in New York Times
They have to have pastrami, corned beef and brisket,Ron Blomberg said. "A guy I talked to said they don't have it over there. He said bagels aren't the same as in America. Does that mean I'm going to have to FedEx all my food from America?...
- Jack Ingram in RodeoAttitude
I will literally spend an entire weekend in my backyard working on the perfect brisket......it's what we do in Texas......we barbeque, drink beer and talk smack about football,says Ingram. "The KC Masterpiece relationship is perfect...
- Mar Roxas in ABS CBN News
Roxas noted that prices of basic commodities have "increased significantly, with chicken already at P120 per kilo, beef brisket at P180 per kilo, pork liempo at P170 per kilo, and bangus and tilapia at P80-P90 per kilo, all of which have increased...