- The cover image for the April 8, 1966, issue of PTI was the first in the magazine's history to use only words: "Is God Dead?" The story brought a brimstone of controversy, but .
- That turned out to be a bridge too far for Congressman Tom DeLay, who called down fire and brimstone upon the American judiciary.
- His brimstone bellicosity about the war in Iraq is unmatched by any of his fellow candidates and unwarranted by reality.
News & Articles
- Limelight extra
By Mark Hinson and Randi Atwood | Democrat senior writer and features editor -- APOCALYPSE WOW: A housewarming party at James Franco's new place in Hollywood is interrupted by fire, demons and brimstone during The Rapture as his young celebrity guests (Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Michael Cera, Emma Watson, Aziz Ansari) debate survival tactics in the comedy "This Is the End." It's rated R and opens ...
June 12, 2013 - Tallahassee Democrat
- Conservatives as Defenders of the Media
A Justice Department inquiry of a Fox News reporter has given the press an unlikely ally in right-leaning radio and television hosts, who have taken to defending the First Amendment with a fire-and-brimstone zeal.
June 9, 2013 - New York Times
- Man devotes life to sharing the Gospel on foot
Wearing a patchwork robe, homemade sandals, and a white beard as thick as snowfall, George Walter looks like an Old Testament prophet. Only there’s no fire and brimstone; just a cheerful pilgrim, spreading the Gospel, step by step.
June 5, 2013 - The Canton Repository
- Sir Bobby Robson in Guardian Unlimited
I am hoping on Wednesday night the players will be full of fire and brimstone, they will show their quality, they will go out and treat the public to a fine football match,Robson said. "Hopefully over the next two (qualifier) games, with...
- Tony Dungy in San Diego Union Tribune
When people thought of NFL coaches, they thought of Lombardi, a white, middle-aged coach full of fire and brimstone,Dungy said. "I don't think there ever was a picture of somebody who was not white."
- Marios Matsakis in AFP
It's the first time there's been a debate on Turkey without the smell of brimstone,said Greek Cypriot MEP Marios Matsakis, after debate on the report late Tuesday.