- n two-masted sailing vessel square-rigged on the foremast and fore-and-aft rigged on the mainmast
- In smogbound Dartmouth, England, finishing touches were last week put on the hull of the Admiralty's 650-ton brigantine, Research.
- At anchor rode the brigantine-rigged wooden yacht Carnegie.
- On a fine afternoon in December 1872, the brigantine Mary Celeste was picked up heading westward in the South Atlantic under jib and fore-topsail, her galley table set for dinner .
- Kate Shindle in Shore News Today
My parents live in Brigantine, I summered in Ocean City,says Shindle. "I'm psyched to get home. I can't wait to get to the shore, where it's peaceful and calm. My grandmother is from Cape May, the Jersey Shore is home as far as I'm...