breviary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Roman Catholic Church) a book of prayers to be recited daily certain priests and members of religious orders
- He has given away his breviaryand to an Anglican.
- While in solitary, "I received no mail, read no newspapers and no books except my breviary and my Bible .
- All those right-of-center leaders have taken a page from Bill Clinton's breviary on "triangulation.
- Archbishop Paciano Aniceto in Inquirer.net
I always remind him to be faithful to his breviary, daily prayers, of course going to the sacraments and trying his best to be closer and closer to the Lord. He knows these,Aniceto said.
- William Murphy in Newsday
I see that every single time I open my breviary to pray. And I do that purposely, to remind myself of how seriously tragic and horrific this has been,Murphy said. "The last picture I see before I go to bed is that young man. And please...