- n a document entitling a commissioned officer to hold a higher rank temporarily (but without higher pay)
- v promote somebody by brevet, in the military
- He held rank as brevet major for four months and two days during the summer of 1847.
- Eight-cent stamps are green and show a propeller; 16 stamps are blue and carry a pilot's brevet; 24 stamps are red an portray an airplane.
- After the war, as a brevet brigadier.
News & Articles
- Francestown parade to honor Civil War veteran
FRANCESTOWN – A memorial ceremony and parade for Civil War veteran Brevet Maj. Augustus Holmes Bixby will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 15, at Francestown Cemetery.
June 13, 2013 - Hollis Brookline Journal