- n armor plate that protects the chest; the front part of a cuirass
- I can form guilds, essentially virtual clubhouses, band together to quest for rare breastplate, recite the assorted lore of Vin Diesel or Chuck Norris, or simply hang out in front .
- With her pupil-less eyes, brass breastplate and art-deco winged headpiece, Promethea looks like a combination of Wonder Woman and a 1930s Chrysler hood ornament.
- He presses his breastplate so often to show his sincerity, it looks like he's trying to keep his tie from flying off.
News & Articles
- Grammys 2014: Katy Perry's 'Dark Horse' brings to mind Spinal Tap and Tim Burton
Katy Perry performed her single "Dark Horse" at the 56th Grammy Awards, and she brought an actual (prop) dark horse with her to the stage.That was the least of the over-the-top elements on the stage during Perry's performance. The stage resembled something out of a Tim Burton-meets-Snow White fever dream, and Perry stalked the stage wearing a light-up breastplate that looked like a concept ...
Jan. 27, 2014 - Zap2It
- Weatherall in The Age
When I spoke to Mr Stokes after the auction last night, he said that because the State Government had shared the cost of the bid for Major Badcoe's lot, he was also able to bid for the breastplate which he would gift back to the people of South... Kevin Foley http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Foley&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEJKsaBCwCpFgzX-xbBhCD7f8JNuA NEWS.com.au http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23734767-29277,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQdKMnnl5xvEhlBZSocRyvfdelQw May 20, 2008
12530 17153 breastplate This breastplate is a significant piece of our shared Australian history," Mr Weatherill said. "It is one of the earliest symbols of reconciliation between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians. As such it has enormous historical value...
- Bob Gansler in MLS - Major League Soccer
Everybody needs to point at their own breastplate and say, 'This is what I didn't do; this is what I need to do and ought to do better.' That's where we're at,said Gansler.