- n the termination or disintegration of a relationship (between persons or nations)
- n coming apart
- The breakup sucked, the more so because it was no one's fault.
- Schmidt's online breakup boutique sells mugs that say things like BOO FRICKIN' HOO and books like How to Tell If Your Boyfriend Is the Antichrist.
- The ugly breakup between Viacom's Paramount Pictures and the studio's major moneymaker Tom Cruise sends a signal to prom kings everywhere: Get over yourselves!.
- Sheryl Crow in Us Magazine
I'd just been through a pretty painful breakup where there were kids involved, and I'd also been through breast cancer treatment,Crow, 48, tells Redbook magazine of adopting first son Wyatt in spring 2007. "After that, I felt an acute...
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
At the same time, I make an appeal to the Iraqi people, who for the past five years have borne the consequences of a war that provoked the breakup of their civil and social life,Benedict said.
- Donnie Wahlberg in Baltimore Sun
It just so happened that the timing was good for all the guys and there were different things going on in our lives that made it work,said Wahlberg, who recently split from wife Kim. "I mean, I'm going through a breakup of my marriage. I...