bran : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting
- n food prepared from the husks of cereal grains
- Among the eight launched this year: oat-bran animal cookies for children.
- Ready-made cereals can be good fiber sources, but read labels to make sure they give you at least 4 g and preferably 5 g of bran per 1-oz.
- Diabetics who must munch bran rolls, bran biscuits, bran cookies, bran bread, were cheered to learn last week that a fine white cracker has been prepared for their delectation.
News & Articles
- 'Tuck' by Stephen R. Lawhead
Stephen R. Lawhead brings the tale of Rhi Bran and his merry men to a close in the last of the King Raven trilogy with Tuck . read more
June 21, 2013 - TheCelebrityCafe.com
- Brandon Inge in MLB.com
I've spoken to him a couple of times,Inge said. "That's funny, though. What did they call it, Bran Torino? That's funny."
- Robert Kraft in USA Today
I try not to eat a nice breakfast,said Kraft, who works out at the Gillette Stadium weight room. "I have coffee and a bran muffin."
- Wesley Clark in Financial News USA (press release)
I am very excited to be joining the Board of Directors of NutraCea,stated Clark. "NutraCea's proprietary means to stabilize rice bran offers a tremendous global opportunity on many fronts."