- n (usually plural) an expression used when two dice are thrown and both come up showing six spots
- n a freight car with roof and sliding doors in the sides
- At line's end in the city of New York, the 266 boxcars of the "Friendship Train were unloaded last week.
- That price is cheaper than buying expensive new boxcars ($15,000) or having old ones repaired, so some lines just forget about sending the boxcars back to their owners.
- Below ground the youths, boys and girls, were herded into boxcars which were moved out in the dead of night.
News & Articles
- Cold Shades of Gray
Refrigerated transportation has come a long way from the days when Union Pacific Railroad put huge chunks of ice in boxcars to keep produce or meat from spoiling as it moved to market.
July 22, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- James Hansen in IowaPolitics.com (press release)
If we cannot stop the building of more coal-fired power plants, those coal trains will be death trains - no less gruesome than if they were boxcars headed to crematoria, loaded with uncountable irreplaceable species,said Dr. Hansen, who is...
- Joseph Bruno in Niagara Gazette
I told the governor directly, I have dealt with bullies, and rogues and thugs most of my life,Bruno said, calling Spitzer an elitist. "I grew up in the toughest part of Glens Falls next to the boxcars, where kids would come up to you when...
- Andre Dirrell in Sky News
We see here the two realities of the Holocaust. One involves the cold, mechanized slaughter of millions of men, and women, and children, many of them wrenched from their communities, herded into boxcars by their neighbors and sent to die,... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg Vancouverite http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.vancouverite.com/2010/07/03/clinton-pledges-15-million-to-auschwitz-museum/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGsrXUf3LcCA8XhBlNn00r6VUMYKQ Jul 3, 2010
12123 16647 boxed Dirrell said: I thought I held him off enough, boxed him enough to get a decision."