bowhead : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large-mouthed Arctic whale
- It was the bowhead whale.
- The Eskimos quickly abandoned their seasonal hunt for endangered bowhead whales in the belief that it would not look good on network news.
- Since bowhead meat is a staple of the villagers' diet, their lawyers argue, the Eskimos could be afflicted with "serious mental and emotional anxiety" if they felt that the .
News & Articles
- Uic Technical Services, Bowhead To Open Las Vegas Office
UIC Technical Services LLC and its Bowhead subsidiary will move some of their government services operations to a new Western regional office in Las Vegas, according to a company spokesman. The office will open July 15 with a staff of 20. Kelvin Martinez,
July 3, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Paul Watson in San Diego Union Tribune
The people of St. Lawrence Island may have the right under law to slaughter the endangered bowhead whale, but they should not be allowed to expose minors to the risks involved in killing whales,Sea Shepherd President Paul Watson said later in...
- Ted Stevens in KTUU
The International Whaling Commission should not worry about the sustainability of this harvest. The very survival of the Eskimo people is tied to the survival of the Arctic bowhead whale,Stevens said.