- n anaerobic bacterium producing botulin the toxin that causes botulism
- Botox is short for "botulinum toxin," the substance that causes botulism, a sometimes fatal form of food poisoning.
- In my 11 years there, they never once asked for my botulinum toxin records.
- The toxin is produced by the hard-shelled spores of the Clostridium botulinum bacteria, which lie dormant in !he soil but flourish in the airless environment of canned foods .
News & Articles
- Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Ophthalmology Volume 51, Issue 09: Eye Disorders in Children.
Stephen P. Christiansen, MD, Professor of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics, and Chair of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, presented on Treating Strabismus with Botulinum Toxin. Michael X. Repka, MD, Professor of Ophthalmology and Pediatrics, and Vice Chair for Clinical Practice, Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns ...
July 30, 2013 - PRWeb
- President Bush in Common Dreams (press release)
During his 2003 address, President Bush told the nation that Saddam Hussein "had biological weapons sufficient to produce over 25,000 liters of anthrax", "materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin", "as...
- Bill Clinton in Baxter Bulletin
Clinton said at the time, "there were substantial quantities of botulinum and aflatoxin, as I recall, some bioagents" in addition to some "chemical agents" such as VX and ricin that were "unaccounted for."
- Colin Powell in CBS News
Secretary Colin Powell said: "We know that Iraq has at least seven of these mobile biological agent factories. Ladies and gentlemen, these are sophisticated facilities. For example, they can produce anthrax and botulinum toxin. In fact, they can...