- n potent bacterial toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum that causes botulism; can be used as a bioweapon
- The germs produce botulin only under airless conditions, are hard to kill even by boiling.
- Since five types of botulin bacteria produce different brands of poison, five kinds of antitoxin are needed.
- The National Cheese Institute wanted to learn how to prevent such deaths, which are caused by microbes that sometimes get into spreads and make botulin, the deadliest natural .
News & Articles
- Botulism victim survives paralyzation, will run in Dipsea on Sunday
MICHAEL CHRISTY beat booze. He kicked cocaine. He refused reefer.Little did he know — 11 years into a clean and sober life — a microscopic toxin called botulin would prove far more life-threatening than any of the many drugs he had used and abused for nearly a quarter of a century.
June 7, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- Carmen Frei in Inter Press Service (subscription)
DINE agents "were assigned to the most high-profile cases, like my father's death or the murder of trade union leader Tucapel JimÃ©nez, and the killings by sarin nerve gas, botulin, anthrax and other products that that crazy genius, BerrÃos,...