- n a scavenger that feeds low on the food chain
- n a fish that lives and feeds on the bottom of a body of water
- When the water gods were feeling particularly charitable, he would land a Mekong catfish, a massive bottom-feeder that can weigh as much as a tiger.
- A single page contains an annotated chart of where everyone is sitting, marked with who is expected to bid and whether that person is an aggressive buyer or a 'bottom-feeder .
- The Lowdown: The last time a former Olympian hit took on a non-athletic bottom-feeder, Paula Jones was given a second nose job by Tonya Harding.
- John McCain in MSNBC
First, he'sa lawyer,McCain said, before rolling off this old joke. "You know what the difference is between a lawyer and a catfish? One'sa scum-sucking bottom-feeder, the other'sa fish."