- n any of several dolphins with rounded forehead and well-developed beak; chiefly of northern Atlantic and Mediterranean
- n northern Atlantic beaked whale with a bulbous forehead
- Dolphin meat EM like whale contains high levels of mercury, and at its highest instances, the concentration of methyl mercury in bottlenose dolphin meat is 32 times the limit .
- Similarly, male bottlenose dolphins use same-sex sexual behavior to maintain and strengthen their social relationships -- although dolphins are far more explicit about their .
- To that end, he has spent the past several years learning about bottlenose dolphins, the species that he believes will eventually make the breakthrough.
News & Articles
- SeaWorld Orlando caring for stranded dolphin
A bottlenose dolphin is in critical condition at SeaWorld's marine mammal medical facility, after be
June 14, 2013 - Central Florida News 13
- Dolphin found stranded in Merritt Island wildlife refuge
An adult male bottlenose dolphin was found stranded in shallow water in the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge, said SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck Thursday night. SeaWorld Orlando's animal rescue team is returning to the park now with the dolphin, which rescuers said is in critical condition and appeared thin at about 8 feet long and 350 pounds. Gollattscheck said rescuers don't ...
June 14, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- David Blaine in FOXNews
I think my real competition is the beaver,Blaine said, smiling, "not the bottlenose whales."
- Metiria Turei in Stuff.co.nz
Researchers at Otago University claim the bottlenose dolphin population in the fiord could be extinct within 30 years because of pressure from tourism,Mrs Turei said. "Doubtful Sound is an eco-tourism crown for New Zealand, but we run the...