- n a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- n the narrow part of a bottle near the top
- v slow down or impede by creating an obstruction
His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system
- v become narrow, like a bottleneck
Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks
- Pre-Nazi Vienna was a tight bottleneck for Central European news.
- Kenya, Africa's newest nation, has a primary school system that enrolls a generous 80% of eligible-age children, a secondary school bottleneck that drastically cuts down .
- When National Defense talk began in Washington, the first industry to be branded a "bottleneck" was machine tools.
News & Articles
- Frustrated Orion fans wait hours in line to get wristbands, shuttle rides
Hundreds and hundreds of frustrated Orion Music + More fans waited hours in line inside Cobo Center Saturday to pick up event wristbands for the concert on Belle Isle before the bottleneck was finally relieved when promoters added ticket agents just after 6 p.m. But attendees reported that departure from the island went pretty smoothly.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Tehachapi double-tracking rail project scaled back
A major railroad improvement project intended to relieve freight congestion over the Tehachapi Pass has been scaled back substantially, lowering expectations that it will resolve an east-west bottleneck of national significance.
June 13, 2013 - Tehachapi News
- Check Out The Prep Reducing Scanner
Can the bottleneck problem companies face at the preparation stage of document scanning be fixed or is it simply a cost of doing business? OPEX scanners are uniquely designed to offer the lowest labor costs, in most cases allowing you to do prep and scanning faster than it currently takes you to prep.
June 12, 2013 - EnterpriseContentManagementConnection-ECM
- Jonathan Vaughters in BBC Sport
Garmin team manager Jonathan Vaughters said: "The approach to the first section of cobbles will be full speed, I imagine there will be a crash, there will be a bottleneck. Someone will lose the race that day, I just don't know who it's going to be....
- Roger Goodell in CTV.ca
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the cable operators "enjoy a high level of bottleneck power" and treat the NFL Network in a "sharply different and clearly less favorable" way than networks they own a stake in.
- Ghulam Muhammad in AFP
Three Koreans and two Nepalis have died at Bottleneck,Ghulam Muhammad, owner of Blue Sky Trekking and Travel, told AFP. "The liaison officer at base confirmed the casualties."