- n a neurotoxin (trade name Botox) that is used clinically in small quantities to treat strabismus and facial spasms and other neurological disorders characterized by abnormal muscle contractions; is also used by cosmetic surgeons to smooth frown lines temporarily
- The FDA, which in April approved botox injections for wrinkle removal only, has not yet endorsed botox as a treatment for migraines although doctors are able to administer it .
- There's a new wrinkle on headache cures: botox.
- Likewise, Westerners use botox, or botulinum toxin, to diminish wrinkleswhile in Korea, Japan and Taiwan, botox is injected into wide cheeks so the muscle will atrophy and the .
News & Articles
- Meg Ryan Has Large Joker-Style Lips (Picture)
Meg Ryan's lips drew quite a bit of attention at the Taormina Film Festival in Sicily, Italy on Thursday. The actress appeared to have had some botox and/or collagen treatments, in addition to her several layers of red lipstick. The "Sleepless in Seattle" star is only 51, but her joker-like smile seemed to add years. While Ryan's lips were plumper that usual, the rest of her was thin. According ...
June 21, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Only in South Florida: Cosmetic procedure turns into 'Y Lift party'
Forget the Tupperware party. In this beach-front region of buffed bodies, where Botox parties and medi-spas are all the rage, image-conscious South Floridians aren't getting together over plastic containers or Avon cosmetics.
June 20, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- The Top 3 Medical Uses of Botox
Despite being well-known for curing wrinkles, Botox has important therapeutic uses, too.
June 18, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Cindy Crawford in Musicrooms.net
I've tried Botox but it scares me. Plastic surgery is really scary, but as long as you don't use these things to change your face, I think it's OK,the 44-year-old told Ladies Home Journal. "I don't expect to look the way that I used to,...
- Teri Hatcher in ABC News
I don't use Botox or Restylane, and I've never had any surgery, no matter what you've read,Hatcher said in the March issue of the British edition of Glamour.
- Sarah Jessica Parker in FOXNews
Do I have big fake boobs, Botox and big lips? No,Parker said. "Do I fit some ideals and standards of some men writing in a men's magazine? Maybe not."