- n a Russian or Polish soup usually containing beet juice as a foundation
- Schooled in borscht belt hotels and summer stock, they both won Fulbright scholarships and in 1957 entered Berlin's Hochschule fr Musik.
- Even Walter Cronkite, who heard that the seven-piece band was appearing in a New York borscht belt hotel called the Pines, chased upstate after the boys on the day after .
- Sure, all the standard Russian favoritescaviar, borscht, chicken kievare available.
News & Articles
- Fundraiser will include Tchaikovsky compositions
Listen to Tchaikovsky compositions and dine on borscht and kielbasa Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in Adam2 Cafe, 145 Highland Ave., Kutztown. The night will be a fundraiser for Restoration House in Nikolskoye, Russia.
June 21, 2013 - Reading Eagle
- Chris Orbach in Boston Herald
In a letter obtained by the New York Post, Chris calls Orbach's second wife Elaine Cancilla-Orbach "a double-dealing, lying, scheming, miserable fool" who, with the help of "cut-rate borscht belt" lawyers has "painted (herself) as the...
- Zero Mostel in Playbill.com
Zero Hour, according to production notes, "traces Mostel's early days growing up on the lower East Side as the son of Orthodox Jewish immigrant parents, through his rise as a standup comedian from the Borscht Belt into Manhattan's most exclusive...
- Diana Taurasi in Arizona Republic
Borscht and vodka,Taurasi joked Friday after her first practice with the Mercury since they won last year's WNBA championship.