- n Italian pope whose nepotism put the Borgia family in power in Italy (1378-1458)
- n Italian noblewoman and patron of the arts (1480-1519)
- n Italian cardinal and military leader; model for Machiavelli's prince (1475-1507)
- n Pope and father of Cesare Borgia and Lucrezia Borgia (1431-1503)
- Welles, in his own freehand style, out-borgias Borgia.
- Neil Jordan in Digital Spy
It is interesting to note that Mario Puzo based The Godfather on the Borgia family,he said. "It's almost like The Godfather brought home to fifteenth century Rome. Except it was far more savage than The Godfather was."
- Colin Farrell in San Francisco Chronicle
We talked about stuff for six or seven years, bits and pieces would come around,Farrell says. "Neil was going to make a feature film (with me) of a script he'd written about the Borgia dynasty."
- Alexander McQueen in Independent
Blow supported both Treacy and McQueen (McQueen described her as "a cross between a Billingsgate fishwife and Lucretia Borgia") early in their respective careers, putting them up in her flat in Elizabeth Street, Pimlico.