- n work of little or no value done merely to look busy
- v do useless, wasteful, or trivial work
- Gopnik spoke with PTI about the origins of creativity, the "boondoggle" of educational toys and discerning right and wrong during this uniquely fertile period of life.
- John McCain was the rare candidate who vehemently opposed ethanol as an outrageous agribusiness boondoggle, which is why he skipped Iowa in 2000.
- Republicans daydream that Dems could be seen as passing a giant, expensive boondoggle with nothing to show for it.
News & Articles
- LETTER: Re: Olson ‘Why RFS is wrong’
Congressman Pete Olson (“Why the RFS is wrong and solutions to help consumers until Congress can repeal it,” June 17) is right that the ethanol mandate has become “a market distorting boondoggle for t
June 20, 2013 - The Bay Area Citizen
- OINK: TV ad skewers Lindsey Graham's pork-barrel plutonium MOX boondoggle
WASHINGTON, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- If it walks like pork and sounds like pork -- even with a French accent -- it's probably pork. And pork is what the Department of Energy's MOX Project is.To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oink-tv-ad-skewers-lindsey-grahams-pork-barrel-plutonium-mox-boondoggle ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Bohica takes cumulative top honors at Father's Day Regatta
Lahaina Yacht Club’s Father’s Day Regatta boats (from left) Amphitrite, Bohica, Boondoggle and Lono compete Saturday.
June 19, 2013 - The Maui News
- Jerry Brown in FOXNews
Whatever the thinking was a year ago or six months ago, now the reality of this $8 billion boondoggle, this gold-plated hospital plan would turn inmates into patients,Brown said.
- Carl Icahn in Reuters
These board members get $10,000 a week to go to a few boondoggle meetings,Icahn said during the speech and called their actions "reprehensible."
- Melanie Sloan in FOXNews
It wasn't a total boondoggle,said Sloan, now executive director of the Washington watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "We did actually learn a lot."