bookseller : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the proprietor of a bookstore
- Jerome Callais is a bouquiniste, or bookseller, on the banks of the Seine in Paris.
- Benigni, best known for his box office hit Johnny Stecchino and his role in Jim Jarmusch's Down by Law, directed the film and stars as Guido, a bookseller living in the Tuscan town .
- My translator-colleague and I had been directed to Fufuli by a younger bookseller up the street, who called him "the dictionary.
- Alan Giles in guardian.co.uk
The strategic rationale for the acquisition of Ottakar's is now stronger than ever,Alan Giles, the HMV chief executive, said. "A combined Waterstone's and Ottakar's business will create an exciting, quality bookseller, able to respond...
- Leonard Riggio in Wall Street Journal
Never in all of the years I've been in business have I seen a worse outlook for the economy,wrote Mr. Riggio. "And never in all my years as a bookseller have I seen a retail climate as poor as the one we are in. Nothing even close."
- Philip Pullman in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Pullman told The Daily Telegraph: "I don't mind anybody having an opinion about my books. I don't mind a bookseller deciding they are for this age group or that, or a teacher giving one of my books to a child because they think it is appropriate....