bonito : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n flesh of mostly Pacific food fishes of the genus Sarda of the family Scombridae; related to but smaller than tuna
- n fish whose flesh is dried and flaked for Japanese cookery; may be same species as skipjack tuna
- n any of various scombroid fishes intermediate in size and characteristics between mackerels and tunas
- Sakizuke (appetizers) include an ethereal bonito custard flavored with sake and topped with an intense gele of dried shrimp, sake and soy.
- Bonito Oliva is a mini-celebrity in Italy, an imbonitore, or bustling promoter, of groups and movements, who gave the '80s its silliest piece of art jargon, "la transavanguardia .
- Below the water a rapier snout struck at the bonito, crunched on the hook.
News & Articles
- Ruidoso residents fear flooding from Bonito Lake
We may be in midst of a seemingly never ending drought, but one New Mexico community is worried about flooding. Bonito Lake near Ruidoso is full of sediment from last year's Little Bear Wild Fire. 0 read more
June 22, 2013 - KTSM El Paso
- And the wait continues for Bonito Lake pumps
Bonito Lake is about 72 feet deep but contains nearly 40 feet of sediment that has settled in the bottom after it was inundated with runoff from a nearby burn scar last year.
June 21, 2013 - Alamogordo Daily News
- ABBA Tribute Concert in Jefferson
The ABBA Tribute Concert will be the 2013 Opening Night show at the “Art Bonito Amphitheatre” at Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong next Saturday evening, June 29. at 8 p.m.
June 21, 2013 - The Record
- Peter Wright in TCPalm
I think the first fish I caught was a blue runner,Wright said. "I knew I was on my way when (Whitmer) let me actually wire some bonito."
- Landon Donovan in Hispanic PR Wire (press release)
With the games in Germany right around the corner, this is an exiting time for US Soccer. I'm happy that Nike is continuing to make such a major commitment to fueling the game in America with the donation of these 10 Joga Bonito soccer fields,...
- Daniel in guardian.co.uk
58 min "Here's something that's annoying: pedants who write in to correct non-Portuguese speakers' Portuguese when their own Portuguese is pretty ropey and Wikipedia was right," says Daniel Tunnard. "Joga in joga bonito is a verb, not a noun,...