- n a soft oily clay used as a pigment (especially a reddish brown pigment)
- n the main stem of a tree; usually covered with bark; the bole is usually the part that is commercially useful for lumber
- n a Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa
- While the moon splashes ghostly shadows through the grove, a funeral procession moves under redwood branches huge as an oaktree's bole, carrying along the effigy of "Dull Care .
- The combatants appeared, 17-year-old Texans big around as the bole of a sequoia born when the local mail came by Pony Express.
- This charge is a lightning bolt to the bole of a writer's reason for being -- the task of adding to, as opposed to filching from, the sum total of human wisdom, knowledge or .
News & Articles
- Ethiopia's long-distance great Gebrselassie to run in 2015 vote
By Aaron Maasho ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - As his feet hit the pedals at lightning speed, Haile Gebrselassie barely breaks a sweat on an exercise bike at his gym in the Ethiopian capital's upscale Bole district. He then proceeds to work on his chest muscles, hours after jogging down the forested hills in the northern suburbs of Addis Ababa. The 40-year-old still maintains the tough regimen that ...
July 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Anurag Singh in Sify
I am over the moon at this privilege given to Dil Bole Hadippa to be the first-ever Bollywood film to be premiered at the Toronto festival before its release in India,Anurag, son of producer KP Singh, said.
- Lalu Prasad in Sify
Detailing the multifarious achievements of the world's largest rail network under a single management, Lalu Prasad said at one stage during his budget speech in parliament: "Goal pe goal daag rahe hai, Desh ka bachcha bachcha bole, Chak de...