- n (British slang) a scientist or technician engaged in military research
- You have the reputation of being something of a boffin.
- Lanky "boffin" (scientific expert) Gerald Bernard Lockee Bayne of the Ministry of Supply touched the bomb-release button, and "Vicky," the Ministry's bomb-airplane-rocket .
- As a case history of boffin botchery, Waterton cites the Gloster Javelin, a delta-wing, all-weather fighter on which he did all the initial testing (starting in 1951).
News & Articles
- Boffin Publishes Reviews of Video Converter Software and Announces The Top 3 For This Year
Boffin, leading software reviewer reveals the top 2013 video converter software as these have been decided on after careful evaluations of industry-leading video converting software. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10816553.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Spyware Doctor, Boffin's Top Choice For Anti-Virus Software This Year
After reviewing various antivirus software, Boffin reviewers announced Spyware Doctor as the top anti-virus software for 2013. The second and third places were awarded to Intelinet Smart Security and Security Shield respectively. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10803507.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Second Best Anti-Virus Software is Intelinet Smart Security 3.0, Boffin Announces
Software review website Boffin revealed that Intelinet Smart Security 3.0 was awarded second place in the top anti-virus software for 2013. (PRWeb June 09, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10803520.htm
June 9, 2013 - PRWeb
- Christine Milne in Melbourne Herald Sun
Prime Minister Rudd was elected on the promise that he would be a policy boffin,Senator Milne said. "Instead of that, he's fallen at the first hurdle. He has jumped in with Brendan Nelson in a populist, fiddling at the edges, on fuel...
- Steven Moffat in Reuters UK
You need to be old and young at the same time, a boffin and an action hero, a cheeky schoolboy and the wise old man of the universe,said Moffat.
- Prince Charles in Fibre2fashion.com
Wool is a fibre even the most brilliant boffin in the most high-tech laboratory could never create,said The Prince as he explained the natural, sustainable and bio-degradable qualities of a fibre that has evolved in harmony with mankind itself.