bodhisattva : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Buddhist worthy of nirvana who postpones it to help others
- The Karmapa is Tibet's third-ranking reincarnated bodhisattva, or enlightened being, after the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama.
- Within months, he was installed in the Karmapa's Tsurphu Monastery as a near divine bodhisattva--or enlightened being--and, by extension, a player in the perilous world of Sino .
- The Jizo, a Japanese form of bodhisattva, is believed to be the guardian of children and is usually depicted as a Buddhist monk, so we're talking herds of little bald men, some .
News & Articles
- Golden Haul From Regal Tombs Shines in Met Show: Review
The elegant bodhisattva, robes flowing, drums his fingers against his cheek, contemplating us as we look at him.
Nov. 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Bunker Murders trial moving forward
VICTORVILLE Judge John M. Tomberlin on Tuesday told both sides in the Collin Lee McGlaughlin murder trial that he expects a jury to be selected before the holidays begin. McGlaughlin, 24, of West Covina, is accused of murdering Bodhisattva "Bodhi" Sherzer-Potter, 16, of Helendale and...
Nov. 13, 2013 - Victorville Daily Press