- n formerly two short sleds coupled together
- n a long racing sled (for 2 or more people) with a steering mechanism
- Bob: Swiss Championship, 4-man bobsleigh.
- In 1948 olympic organizers looked at skeleton bobsleigh, so called because the first sleds were so rudimentary, and decided the sport was too dangerous.
- With its slip-sliding Jamaicans and Monaco's Prince Albert occasionally in a can, bobsleigh, as Olympianados call it, has long seemed a silly sport.
News & Articles
- UNESCO Warning: Bobsleigh Ride a Blight
A popular new summer bobsleigh ride located near Germany's famous Loreley is becoming a contentious issue for the Rhine Valley's cultural heritage status. UNESCO is warning that the tourist attraction should be dismantled.
June 23, 2013 - ABC News
- Heather Moyse in TSN
Bobsledding is a second-generation sport,Moyse explained Wednesday from Toronto. "You can't bobsleigh until you are 18, which means anyone who does it has come from another sport. Indirectly, I'd been training my whole life since I was...
- Martin Corry in ABC Online
We've already chosen the DVD we'll watch in the team room this week,Corry wrote in The Guardian newspaper. "Do you remember the film Cool Runnings based on the Jamaican bobsleigh team's efforts at the Winter Olympics in Calgary in 1988? I...
- Roger Jackson in Globe and Mail
The sports that really have to step up are bobsleigh, skeleton, ski cross and snowboarding,Jackson said. "They are the ones where we have the most to gain and if we don't get that gain, we're not going to be able to achieve the...