bmi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a measure of someone's weight in relation to height; to calculate one's BMI, multiply one's weight in pounds and divide that by the square of one's height in inches; overweight is a BMI greater than 25; obese is a BMI greater than 30
News & Articles
- BMI’S Jazz Composer Workshop to Present 25th Showcase June 28
BMI’s Jazz Composers Workshop will highlight the best new jazz compositions created during the past year at its 25th Annual Showcase Concert.
June 23, 2013 - JazzTimes Magazine
- Why ASCAP Beats BMI, Should Hate Apple, Love Pandora
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Earlier this week in Should BMI's Good Old Boys' Network Make Rules for the Digital Age? I intentionally left out several key points in my takedown of the organization's board of directors' composition. It was important to initially establish the type of board BMI has sleepwalked through the last couple decades with. Who are these people? What have they done? Do their ...
June 21, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- BMI Showcases Top Songwriters at Annual Christian Music Awards Dinner
Broadcast Music, Inc., one of the nation's leading music rights organizations, recognized the top Christian songwriters and publishers at their annual awards dinner on Tuesday evening. The star-studded, invitation-only event, held at BMI's offices near Nashville's famed Music Row, included top artists such as Steven Curtis Chapman, Building 429, Matt Maher and Brandon Heath.
June 21, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Mike Beebe in Pine Bluff Commercial
There have been a lot of negative, unintended consequences of that BMI, where you've had children that feel like their self-esteem has been significantly impacted,Beebe said. "There are a lot of things schools should be doing, but there...
- Steve Ridgway in BusinessWeek
Everyone has speculated that it would make sense for Virgin Atlantic and BMI to combine their long-haul and short-haul networks, and there is now a major opportunity to do that,Virgin Atlantic Chief Executive Steve Ridgway said in an Oct. 29...
- Willie Walsh in France24
I have always said I would have no difficulty competing with bmi on the trans-Atlantic route. I don't believe in closing off threats like that,Walsh told The Guardian.