- n flesh of very large tuna
- n largest tuna; to 1500 pounds; of mostly temperate seas: feed in polar regions but breed in tropics
- As demand for sushi threatens bluefin tuna with extinction, governments adopt quotas and activists threaten a boycott.
- With bluefin-tuna stocks plummeting, the European Commission has agreed to a move that will probably list the fish as endangered.
- In footage from 2006, fishermen off the Spanish coast net a big catch of bluefin tuna.
News & Articles
- Bluefin Media Announces Cultural Fluency Strategy via Original Spanish Content
Today, Bluefin Media’s ( http://www.Bluefinmedia.com ) Director of Spanish Operations, Ana Ayanegui, announced its cultural fluency strategy and business model for all of Bluefin Media’s Spanish sites. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10825309.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lifestyle Publisher Bluefin Media Announces GossipCenter Network (GCN)
Bluefin Media’s GossipCenter Network (GCN) is the prime destination for online entertainment news and home to the latest in pop culture. GCN includes GossipCenter.com, Celebrity-Gossip.net, and CelebSpin.com, all providing unique methods of input for its audiences. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10820071.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Bluefin Resort to start cleanup, rebuilding after weekend fire
Bluefin Bay's Facebook page told fans that the State Fire Marshall's office inspected the site on Sunday. They said the cause of the fire remains unknown.
June 10, 2013 - KARE 11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Tom Strickland in Environment News Service
Strickland said, "The US government is committed to working with our many international partners to continue to rebuild Atlantic bluefin tuna and ensure sustained conservation and management of the species into the future."
- Stavros Dimas in guardian.co.uk
This decision marks an important step in the protection of Atlantic bluefin tuna,said Stavros Dimas, the environment commissioner.
- Joe Borg in International Herald Tribune
These measures are essential,said EU Fisheries Commissioner Joe Borg. "The decisive measures agreed by ICCAT represent a realistic chance for the gradual recovery of bluefin tuna."