bluebell : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sometimes placed in genus Scilla
- n one of the most handsome prairie wildflowers having large erect bell-shaped bluish flowers; of moist places in prairies and fields from eastern Colorado and Nebraska south to New Mexico and Texas
- n perennial of northern hemisphere with slender stems and bell-shaped blue flowers
- Excerpt: ''Every time a fairy sneezes, a new Lyons' Swiss Roll is born, and every time a fairy trips over a bluebell, his remark breaks into a million pieces.
- Geri Halliwell in The Age
But what really clinched it for me was my mother telling me that the bluebell is increasingly rare - so it's precious flower, which seems just right for my daughter,Halliwell said.