- n a club used as a weapon
- v overcome or coerce as if by using a heavy club
The teacher bludgeoned the students into learning the math formulas
- v strike with a club or a bludgeon
- We're not people who club and bludgeon people to death any more.
- The wingnuts used Connecticut as a rationale for continuing to wave the bloody shirt of Islamist terrorism as a partisan bludgeon.
- Odhaib clawed the masks off three before they managed to get her by the hair and bludgeon her with the butt of a pistol.
News & Articles
- Senate Faces July 1 Deadline for Student-Loan Reform
Over 7 million college students will see their subsidized student-loan rates double on July 1 if Congress can’t reach a compromise to avert the hike. In the meantime, House Republicans — having acted first this time — are using the issue to bludgeon Democrats. With federal subsidized Stafford-loan rates set to spike from 3.4% to 6.8%, House Republicans passed a bill on May 23 that would tie the ...
June 25, 2013 - Swampland
- Daniel Day-Lewis in FOXNews
My deepest thanks to the academy for whacking me with the handsomest bludgeon in town,Day-Lewis said.
- Shami Chakrabarti in Derbyshire Times
But Liberty director Shami Chakrabarti said: "Stop and search is one tool of policing but use it as a bludgeon not a rapier and you alienate far more people than you protect. Formal complaints about stop-and-search are inevitably the tip of the...
- Edvard Munch in BBC News
Comparisons of Israel to the Nazis are a deeply cynical perversion of history, an attempt to turn the tragedy that befell the Jewish people into a bludgeon against Israel. While we have come to expect to see such and hear this type of inflammatory... Abraham Foxman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Foxman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEspEO8gflz2qn6AYgaJHpceS-OGw Anti-Defamation League (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/5431_62.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPXcAkrPtvRA745n8ER7OZQbw1Vg Jan 5, 2009
11041 15385 blue-black Munch wrote of the painting: I was walking along a path with two friends - the sun was setting - suddenly the sky turned blood red. I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on the fence - there was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black...