- n delicacy that is highly dangerous because of a potent nerve poison in ovaries and liver
- n any of numerous marine fishes whose elongated spiny body can inflate itself with water or air to form a globe; several species contain a potent nerve poison; closely related to spiny puffers
- His worldview was famously imperturbable (say the word as Bing would, with the blowfish p's and b's).
- I speak passable Japanese, and my epicurean husband happily devours everything from poison-blowfish sperm to stewed snapping turtle.
- The little blowfish is alone and frightened, and he has worked out a system of puffing up and blowing when confronted with dangerous reality .
News & Articles
- Live Fire: 16 New York Restaurants With Tricked-Out Grills
Blowfish and octopus over the fire at Uncle Boon's. This is the season to set up a grill on your rooftop or in your yard, invite a big group of friends over, and spend all day and night firing up barbecue ribs, oysters, corn, and brown-sugar peaches. Sounds pretty perfect, right? But you live in New York, and that means your tiny, overpriced studio apartment doesn't include access to any kind of ...
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Blowfish Host Military Night at the Cap
The Blowfish defeated High Point-Thomasville 8-1 Saturday night at Capital City Stadium in front of a nearly 1,000 enthusiastic members of the military.
June 9, 2013 - WLTX-TV Columbia
- Columbia Blowfish baseball team offers free admission to military
COLUMBIA — The Columbia Blowfish baseball team and the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce are honoring the military with free tickets to a weekend game.
June 8, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Steve Spurrier in DawgsBite.com
The spring game is going to be on (April) 14th. Hootie and the Blowfish are all set to perform. We're going to charge admission, and it's going to be a fundraiser for the new facility campaigns going on here,said Spurrier. "Hopefully our...
- Darius Rucker in Milford Daily News
It gives us all something else to do,Rucker said. "We have been doing Hootie and the Blowfish for a long time, and we all want to do other things. It's hard to schedule anything when you know you've got something to do - touring with...
- George Romero in AZ Central.com
We never even called them zombiesin Night of the Living Dead, Romero said. "We called them flesh eaters, ghouls. Zombies to me were always, you get a blowfish, dry it out and blow it up somebody's nose and they get in a state of suspended...