- n a football player whose responsibility is to block players attempting to stop an offensive play
- n a class of drugs that inhibit (block) some biological process
- The blocker treatment is also easily reversible: puberty begins as soon as drug use is discontinued.
- To its dubious credit, the Excursion pioneered the use of the blocker bar, a kind of under-vehicle roll bar designed to keep the Excursion from rolling over anything unfortunate .
- There is, however, growing evidence that beta blockers have uses beyond their current applications.
News & Articles
- Lamar Miller Will Be Even Better than Reggie Bush for the Miami Dolphins in 2013
Lamar Miller is set to take Reggie Bush 's former role as the primary running back for the Miami Dolphins , and he will enjoy greater success than his predecessor for a number of reasons that do not even deal with talent level. One major improvement is simply with the offensive line. Adding Tyson Clabo to the right side, who is a fantastic run blocker, will make a big difference. On the inside ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- New therapy target for kids' fever-induced seizures
( Northwestern University ) Fever-induced childhood seizures can be terrifying for parents and carry a long-term risk to brain development. Scientists haven't known what mechanism triggers the seizures. Now they've identified a new key factor, leading to a new therapeutic target. They also found nimodipine, a commonly available L-type calcium-channel blocker, dramatically reduced the incidence ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Bears release Rodriguez, sign FB Fiammetta, Aromashodu
Fullback Evan Rodriguez was placed on waivers by the Chicago Bears, who signed veteran lead blocker Tony Fiammetta and brought back wide receiver Devin Aromashodu in a flurry of roster moves.
June 10, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Tom Heckert in ESPN
We viewed Ben as one of the top all-around tight ends in the free-agent market,Browns general manager Tom Heckert said. "Because of his athleticism and intelligence, he has proven valuable as both a receiver and blocker during his career,...
- Jim Brown in SportingNews.com
Hickerson was so special that none other than Jim Brown, for whom Hickerson was the lead blocker with the Cleveland Browns, called him "the greatest downfield blocker in the history of pro football."
- Rajon Rondo in NBA.com
Perk is our enforcer,Rondo said. "He's our biggest body we have to throw out there on Bynum. He clears the paint for us. He does a lot of intangibles. He's a great shot-blocker, rebounder, and he's the anchor of our defense."