- n a group of countries in special alliance
- Poland's brash union organizer stood up to the Kremlin and dealt the Eastern bloc a fatal blow.
- For 10 years following the collapse of the Berlin Wall, PTI contract photographer Anthony Suau has traveled the lands of the former Soviet bloc.
- Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint.
News & Articles
- Caricom launches ‘aid for trade’ strategy
Caribbean trade bloc countries have asked financial experts from Southern and Eastern Africa to explain how they have secured nearly $10 billion in pledges from donor nations to help them improve thei
June 14, 2013 - New York Amsterdam News
- Exclusive: Creditors, governments must pay in any euro bank rescue - document
By Matthias Sobolewski BERLIN (Reuters) - Bondholders and governments will always have to contribute to shoring up a failing euro zone bank even when the bloc's bailout fund ESM offers direct aid, according to an EU document obtained by Reuters. Seeking to limit the burden on euro zone taxpayers, "private capital resources will be explored as a first solution, including sufficient contributions ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- EU states in deal on market rules - EU official
LONDON (Reuters) - European Union states struck a deal on Thursday to overhaul the bloc's stock, bond, derivatives and commodities markets, an EU official said, ending a near two-year deadlock. Ambassadors ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Gilad Erdan in CBS News
I am certain that Netanyahu will be the next prime minister,said Likud lawmaker Gilad Erdan. "Netanyahu has a clear advantage because the right-wing parties have a larger bloc. The test is not which party gets the most votes, but which...
- Vladimir Putin in News 10NBC
The emergence of the powerful military bloc at our borders will be seen as a direct threat to Russia's security,Putin said. "I heard them saying today that the expansion is not directed against Russia. But it's the potential, not...
- Bill Blair in CBC.ca
They use the numbers of a mob to avoid detection. We saw this tactic - often called a Black Bloc tactic - demonstrated in all its mindless violence and destruction,Blair said. "I want to assure you that the persons responsible will be held...