blitzkrieg : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a swift and violent military offensive with intensive aerial bombardment
- v fight a quick and surprising war
- Kim is known to admire the blitzkrieg tactics used by Nazi Germany in the early stages of World War II to swiftly overrun and overwhelm opponents.
- During World War II, the Nazis fueled their blitzkrieg into France and Poland with the help of an amphetamine known as Pervitin.
- Russia may be strong militarily, and ready to launch a blitzkrieg on the German pattern, but I do not believe she could again and this time without Lease-Lend aid mount .
News & Articles
- Chinese Dissident Ai Weiwei: "The U.S. Is Behaving Like China"
Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog , Ai Weiwei is a Chinese artist and political dissident. Although he collaborated on the construction of Beijing National Stadium for the 2008 Olympics, his criticism of the government later led to his arrest without charges and imprisonment for several months. I believe there are two main takeaways from the following article he wrote for ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- A few Billings trees no match for powerful winds
BILLINGS - It was a bad day to be a tree in Billings. Several trees went down during Thursday's blitzkrieg storm, blocking traffic, damaging property and disrupting the power grid.
June 13, 2013 - KTVQ Billings
- Ron Paul Warns Of Electronic Surveillance Back In... 1984
Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog , There are three words that come to mind when I think of Ron Paul; principles, credibility and consistency. Not only is the video below great because we get to see Dr. Paul speak on the Congressional floor thirty years younger, but also because he was adamantly criticizing civil liberties threats in the context of a Republican President ...
June 12, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Sonny Rollins in Forbes
It was just like a World War II movie of the London blitzkrieg days. ...... I was sort of in semi-shock,said Rollins.
- Eduard Kokoity in AFP
The goal of the operation was the destruction and exile of the South Ossetian people,Kokoity said. "South Ossetian fighters courageously thwarted Tbilisi's plans for blitzkrieg. Russian troops came to the rescue of South Ossetia and pushed...
- Winston Churchill in Science Daily (press release)
What we've got is a rib injury, with any number of scenarios that could explain it,said Steven Churchill, an associate professor of evolutionary anthropology at Duke. "We're not suggesting there was a blitzkrieg, with modern humans...