- n a flaw on a surface resulting when an applied substance does not adhere (as an air bubble in a coat of paint)
- n (botany) a swelling on a plant similar to that on the skin
- n (pathology) an elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid
- v get blistered
Her feet blistered during the long hike
- v subject to harsh criticism
The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday
- v cause blisters to form on
the tight shoes and perspiration blistered her feet
- Two new indie releases forgo connubial bliss for connubial blisters.
- After a few warning twinges, the glossy blister of high prices in the New York stock market burst explosively at the prick of the rail merger ruling at Washington (see p.
- The raw, ugly blisters show up without notice and are unpreventable.
News & Articles
- Blue Jays blow 4-run lead in 6-4 loss to Rangers
A bothersome blister didn't help Josh Johnson in his attempt to give the Blue Jays' bullpen a break.
June 10, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Theater Review: No spark in ‘Rapture, Blister, Burn’
Gina Gionfriddo’s "Rapture, Blister, Burn," being staged now by the Huntington Theatre Company at the Boston Center for the Arts’ Calderwood Pavilion, tries hard to explore new ideas about feminism. It tries hard to investigate the ramifications of Internet pornography. It tries hard to take an intellectual approach to horror movies and reality TV. And it tries hard to be funny while doing it.
June 6, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News
- KU Med Center professor passes through Lawrence during walk across Kansas for stroke research
Walking across the state of Kansas in about three weeks isn’t easy: You’ll get blisters, your feet will ache endlessly and you may find yourself covered in ticks after hiking through tallgrass prairie. But it still doesn't compare to what stroke survivors go through, and that's part of why Sandra Billinger, an assistant professor at the Kansas University Medical Center, is finishing up a 570 ...
June 5, 2013 - Lawrence Journal-World
- Lou Piniella in International Herald Tribune
Woody's got a blister and he's not going to pitch at all until after the break,Cubs manager Lou Piniella said after Saturday's game. "We didn't have Wood today at all. He can't pitch Sunday and probably won't be able to pitch in the...
- Daniela Hantuchova in Forbes
It was just a blister, nothing serious,Hantuchova said. "I was trying to do the right things ...... but all credit to the way she was playing. She was serving great."
- Trot Nixon in Forbes
This game is crazy. You've seen guys not get a hit in 15 at-bats but blister the ball all over the place,Nixon said. "You just can't explain some things. It's not I'm doing this or doing that. You just go through these spurts."