- n a short high tone produced as a signal or warning
- v emit a single short high-pitched signal
The computer bleeped away
- It hasn't been, 'Oh, you dirty bleep-bleep-bleep,' but, 'Don't try to scam people.
- In song mode, it bleep-bleeps Leopold Mozart's Toy Symphony.
- However, swear words and sexually explicit comments get replaced with a "bleep.
News & Articles
- Tigers' closer problems easy to see, hard to fix
Who the (bleep) do Tigers fans want manager Jim Leyland to use as his closer? Leyland's profanity-laced speech about that topic last week may have been entertaining for some and frustrating for others.
June 18, 2013 - Detroit News
- 'True Blood': It sucks to get old
I can't decide whether I love, hate or love to hate HBO's "True Blood" ( 8 p.m. CT June 16, HBO; 2 stars out of 4 ). With its many repeated plot points and an ever-increasing roster of supernatural beings, it doesn't seem to be aging as gracefully as its immortal vampires. But damn, it still makes me laugh with lines like this one from Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis): "That was the sickest [bleep] I ...
June 16, 2013 - RedEye
- Blimps Are Back
The first golden age of floating dirigibles ended on approximately May 6, 1937 . The new golden age of blimpity bleep bloop blimps starts right now! Why fly something in an airplane when you could float that thing in a blimp, for a fraction of the price? Good question. Real good question. A company called Aeroscraft, with the help of the Defense Department's $$$, is ready to bring back blimps ...
June 14, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Rasheed Wallace in ESPN
All that bull(bleep)-ass calls they had out there. With Mike [Callahan] and Kenny [Mauer] -- you've all seen that (bleep),Wallace said. "You saw them calls. The cats are flopping all over the floor and they're calling that (bleep). That...
- Jose Guillen in Norwich Bulletin
If we think we're gonna win with the offense we have, we're full of (bleep). Let's just be honest,Guillen said in a Sunday diatribe that has aired incessantly on ESPN and has appeared in hundreds of newspapers. "I expect Kenny to do...
- Courtney Love in Boston Herald
I hate to sound cold but any kid of mine who pulls this (bleep) has lost her position,Love wrote. "She was deceptive, she lied and she's lying to herself . . . My daughter is not always honest."