- n the launching of a missile or spacecraft to a specified destination
- Exactly 23 hours and 32 minutes after Nikolaev's blastoff, just as he was breaking Titov's record by completing his 18th orbit, Moscow announced triumphantly that a second .
- A month before the Apollo 8 blastoff, British Astronomer Sir Bernard Lovell lashed out against the mission.
- Rain threatened to scrub the mission until 31 hours before blastoff.
News & Articles
- Power Outage Delays Launch of NASA Solar Observatory
A power outage in California over the weekend has delayed launch preparations for NASA's newest sun-studying spacecraft by 24 hours, pushing the new solar observatory's blastoff to no earlier than Thursday (June 27), space agency officials said.
June 25, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News