- n sweet almond-flavored milk pudding thickened with gelatin or cornstarch; usually molded
- For all the blancmange about the "ever closer union" to which the European Union aspires, judgments diverged widely along national borders on the outcome of the marathon European .
- Tuesday: Fish pie (cooked without egg or fat), chocolate blancmange.
- The muscles have degenerated into blancmange.
- Helen Clark in National Business Review
Everyone knows what our vision for the future is. Everyone knows what our plan is...... (But battling National) is like dealing with blancmange until you get these gems of policy that are let slip,Miss Clark said.
- Anthony Burgess in BBC News
Author Anthony Burgess wrote that it was "like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in a lavatory".
- Liv Ullmann in Times Online
Lauren Bacall thought her witty, so she was; Liv Ullman called her serene, "so naturally I compose my features into a tranquil blancmange whenever I'm near her".