- n an attack intended to ruin someone's reputation
- n a mixture of calomel and limewater that is used on syphilitic sores
- n a wash that colors a surface black
- v bring (information) out of concealment
- v color with blackwash
- Jones clings raptly to his privileged role as victim, and has settled for a career as blackwash expert.
- Eamon Gilmore in Ireland Online
I've heard of a report being a whitewash, but this is more of a case of a blackwash,Labour leader Eamon Gilmore said. "Extraordinarily, and I've never seen this in an official report before, even the recommendations are blacked out!"