- n a criminal who extorts money from someone by threatening to expose embarrassing information about them
- In the witness chair in Manhattan's Federal Court sat bland, wily Willie Bioff (pronounced Buy-off), blackmailer, pander, labor leader, and now star Government witness.
- THE DEEP END Directed by SCOTT MCGEHEE AND DAVID SIEGEL Finally, a nifty twist: a blackmailer (Goran Visnjic, the hottie from ER) falls in love with his victim (Tilda Swinton).
- After Otto was heard making a remark showing skepticism of prompt German victory, on April 18 the blackmailer requested a payoff.
- Mikhail Saakashvili in Civil Georgia
Russia has doubled gas price for Georgia - decision which lacks any market logic. We have to deal with an unprincipled blackmailer, I can not call it [Russia] otherwise,Saakashvili said.
- Mark Geragos in USA Today
I've handled 15 or 20 cases in the last 20 years, and all these with one exception were resolved privately - not one case did I ever pay,Geragos says. "You educate (the blackmailer) that what they're doing is a crime. You handle this...