blackbird : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any bird of the family Icteridae whose male is black or predominantly black
- n common black European thrush
- It's the season when the red-winged blackbird nests and the males are particularly aggressive.
- Her most poignant song, Gulf Coast Highway, written with pianist James Hooker and guitarist Danny Flowers, has this refrain: "And when he dies he says he'll catch Some blackbird's .
- A sergeant barked at him to stop, but Painter Werner Gilles replied mildly and matter-of-factly, "That blackbird up in that tree just told me, 'No, no, Gilles, this can come to .
- Myles Kennedy in Blabbermouth.net
We felt like 'Blackbird' was the perfect song to use as the title track for this record,lead singer/guitarist Myles Kennedy commented. "Though a majority of the album is not as dark thematically, we really hoped to draw attention to what...
- Olivier Messiaen in Arizona Republic
Messiaen wrote of that opening, "Between three and four in the morning, the awakening of birds: a solo blackbird or nightingale improvises surrounded by a shimmer of sound, by a halo of trills lost very high in the trees. Transpose this onto a...
- Jarrod Washburn in OCRegister
Billy said the Mexican Blackbird was the test of all tests,Washburn said late Friday night, as he was preparing to pitch Game 4 Saturday, which, of course, got rained out.