- n an Indian dish made with highly seasoned rice and meat or fish or vegetables
- Tracking down the origins of popular Indian dishes like the biryani, korma, vindaloo, and dhansak, she makes the surprising discovery that most of Indian cuisine is, in fact, a .
- There's a huge array of menus and cuisines at Juhu beach you can get biryani, kebabs and pretty much everything Indian.
- The biryani western Sholay ran for six years in Bombay on its release in 1975.
News & Articles
- Having Gone National, Biryani Maker Plans To Go Mainstream
Raj Gowlikar, 38, came to the U.S. as a software developer in 2000 and now runs Paradise Biryani Pointe, the nation's largest Indian restaurant chain. Meet Raj Gowlikar, the former software engineer who now runs the largest Indian restaurant chain in the U.S.. In just five years, his Paradise Biryani Pointe
Aug. 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Halal gumbo? Come and get it!
Growing up in Calcutta, Nerissa Ward would walk to her neighborhood open-air markets, gathering fresh, seasonal ingredients to make everything from bhelpuri to shepherd's pie with biryani.
Aug. 14, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Sheila Dikshit in AFP
This is a great activity to revive the feasting and celebration tradition associated with biryani in India,New Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dixit said.
- Shabana Azmi in Hindu
On what being Muslim meant to her, Ms. Azmi said: "I've been raised in a very liberal, bohemian family in which religion has not played any part at all. For me being a Muslim really was about Urdu, about eating biryani and wearing shararas on Id. So...
- Arjun Rampal in Hindustan Times
The idea is to have a prominent flavour of Indianness while also giving people a taste of world cuisine. So, on the same table you could see biryani, foie gras burgers, calamari and caviar,says Rampal.