- n a right or privilege that you are entitled to at birth
free public education is the birthright of every American child
- n an inheritance coming by right of birth (especially by primogeniture)
- n personal characteristics that are inherited at birth
- I believe that graduation from a high-quality high school and the opportunity to succeed in college must be the birthright of every child in our country.
- His books show a man nothing less than driven by a determination to be black, as if blackness were more a specific achievement than a birthright.
- The father of three argues that it is every child's birthright to be regarded as unique, not a counterfeit version of someone whose strengths and shortcomings have been revealed.
News & Articles
- Cave Spring grad Guyes accepts Israel Fulbright Scholar offer
MURFREESBORO — MTSU spring graduate Eric Guyes visited Israel in 2012 as part of a 10-day Jewish Birthright trip. He was certain he wanted to return. Guyes (pronounced GUYS) will get his wish … in a major way. After applying, he was offered and has accepted a prestigious Fulbright Scholar award. He will study and [...]
June 17, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Record on the Road: Israel
Seventeen women from Bergen County traveled to Israel with the Jewish Renaissance Project in December. Julie Farkas of Teaneck was our leader. This was a spiritual learning mission for Jewish mothers – a sort of Jewish birthright.
June 16, 2013 - The Record
- Birthright Women Marry Later, Tend To Wed Jews
Women who went on Birthright trips to Israel tend to marry later than other Jews and are more likely to marry within the faith, a new study shows. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 12, 2013 - The Forward
- Mike Krzyzewski in Washington Post
The fact that we've gone every year since 1996 is a story in itself,Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "If you're in the tournament long enough, you're going to go down in the first round or second. It's not our birthright to get in it. You...
- Peter Schiff in International Herald Tribune
Although many Americans have come to regard affordable air travel as a birthright, from a global perspective it remains the province of the wealthy,Schiff said.
- Richard Lugar in Forbes
Many Sunnis continue to see their political pre-eminence as a birthright. And most Shiites believe that their numerical superiority and the oppression they suffered under Saddam Hussein give them the right to dominate the new Iraq,one war...