- n hard close-grained wood of any of various birch trees; used especially in furniture and interior finishes and plywood
- n any betulaceous tree or shrub of the genus Betula having a thin peeling bark
- n a switch consisting of a twig or a bundle of twigs from a birch tree; used to hit people as punishment
my father never spared the birch
- v whip with a birch twig
- s consisting of or made of wood of the birch tree
- Watching her classmates dutifully undertake their assignment by emoting oak, willow and birch, Zhang stood rooted to the groundbut in a distinctly untreelike fashion.
- This may explain why there is so little visible security at Putin's dacha, Novo-Ogarevo, the grand Russian presidential retreat set inside a birch- and fir-forested compound west .
- Awash with self-doubt, he heaves the birch chunks out to lighten the truck, then jacks, wedges, winches and ponders.
News & Articles
- Witnesses say fight led to shooting in Saginaw's Birch Park
Saginaw police and Mobile Medical Response responded to Birch Park on the city’s southeast side about 9 p.m. Saturday, June 15, to investigate a shooting, according to witnesses.
June 16, 2013 - The Saginaw News
- State visited Birch school in 2012
Education Commissioner Gist said the state recommended that changes be made at the Birch Vocational school a year before an investigation found it was operating a so-called "sheltered workshop".
June 14, 2013 - WPRI Providence
- Birch school settlement expected today
A news conference is scheduled for this morning regarding the federal investigation into Birch Vocational School and sources tell Target 12 a settlement will be announced at that time.
June 12, 2013 - WPRI Providence