- n any weapon usable in biological warfare
they feared use of the smallpox virus as a bioweapon
- With smallpox, on the other hand, youre dealing with a highly contagious virus that, if it were used as a bioweapon, has major potential for damage.
- May prevent bubonic plague, but that is not the form of the disease that would likely result from a bioweapon attack.
- Anthrax was bad enough, but smallpox in the hands of terrorists could make a far more devastating bioweapon.
- Charles Boustany in Philadelphia Inquirer
In contrast to nuclear weapons, the technological hurdles are lower to develop and disseminate a bioweapon. Access to dangerous pathogens is more widespread and harder to contain. The spread of biotechnology, the difficulty of detecting such... Susan Collins http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Collins&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGKoXvZzXS2r0kNywyWby37xH79Rw HSToday http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hstoday.us/content/view/10140/149/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMzl55GIIludUOnmwc2kpTc8QMQg Sep 9, 2009
10223 14173 bipartisan ...on behalf of Republicans, Rep. Charles Boustany of Louisiana said the country wanted Obama to instruct Democratic congressional leaders that it's time to start over on a commonsense, bipartisan plan focused on lowering the cost of health...