- n the branch of biotechnology that uses biological process to overcome environmental problems
- n the act of treating waste or pollutants by the use of microorganisms (as bacteria) that can break down the undesirable substances
- Yellowstone microbes (and those from a few other hot spots on the planet) may also hold great promise for bioremediation cleaning up chemical pollution, oil slicks and .
News & Articles
- FMC Corporation to Launch New ELS™ Product at Battelle's Bioremediation Symposium
FMC Corporation announced today that it will launch a new anaerobic bioremediation product at the Second International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies from June 10 to June 13 in Jacksonville, Florida. The symposium is organized and presented by Battelle. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10813268.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Mike Rann in The Canberra Times
South Australian Premier Mike Rann said yesterday the Government "would leave no stone unturned in investigating all other possible options, such as bioremediation of affected areas and the use of lime, to protect the lakes from acidification".
- John Dingell in Detroit Free Press
Bio-fuels will provide new sources of energy, biopesticides to provide ecologically safe pest treatment, biofertilisers to provide safer and ecologically friendly fertiliser, bioremediation can convert hazardous wastes into useful products. So the... Shivaji Maharaj http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivaji&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGyb9yzhOeMJ6s83AUm1qpxMOtEFg Financial Express http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_story.php%3Fcontent_id%3D146511&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFkSD9b_npjhg7E7WB6cBEtYezqrg Nov 14, 2006
10198 14144 biosafety It appears that there has been a surge in construction of biosafety labs over the past several years which have been financed, at least in part, with federal funds," said Dingell. "Yet, little information is available about the number of...