- n the science that studies living organisms
- n characteristic life processes and phenomena of living organisms
the biology of viruses
- n all the plant and animal life of a particular region
- What if biology gives us, say, a child with indeterminate gender or a transgendered person or a homosexual? Then nature is somehow awry.
- Starting as a lowly $10,500-a-year researcher at the University of California, San Francisco, in the late 1960s, he became molecular biology's first multimillionaire little more .
- In 1969, Sharp's growing interest in molecular biology and genetics ("I am a product of 1953," he laughs) resulted in positions at CalTech, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, under the .
News & Articles
- UConn Biology Student Plays Lottery, Wins Big
A UConn biology student walked away with $50,000 before taxes after playing Super Cashword 15 and landing a top prize, lottery officials said. Photo Credit: CT Lottery
June 13, 2013 - NBC Connecticut
- Scalia in patent case skips the biology lingo
His opinion says that all the "fine details of molecular biology" aren't in the majority opinion.
June 13, 2013 - Politico
- Antonin Scalia Does Not Believe in Molecular Biology
Justice Antonin Scalia agrees with his fellow Supreme Court justices that naturally occurring genes can't be patented. Where he appears to differ: The existence of genes, the basic science of genetics, molecular biology, and evolution. He just dissented from all of the above. Read more...
June 13, 2013 - Gawker
- Barack Obama in CNN (blog)
It matters if your high school biology class has a biology lab. It matters if your second-grade classroom is air conditioned if it's in South Carolina or Florida or Alabama. Public policy matters, and we have to recognize too that it does require... Marc Morial http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Morial&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHNjtipkuorZMr54vqCMRxxu3oQ8g Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/25/AR2009032500038.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHhpI2RV7Mz6CyiVnNA2Z8-1hC_-w Mar 24, 2009
10172 14115 biology President Obama in May asked the newly formed commission to study the emerging field of cellular and genetic research known as synthetic biology ...... consider the potential medical, environmental, security, and other benefits of this field of...
- Ian Wilmut in iAfrica.com
The fact that introduction of a small number of proteins into adult human cells could produce cells that are equivalent to embryo stem cells takes us into an entirely new era of stem cell biology,said Ian Wilmut, the Scottish researcher who...