- s characterized by great swelling waves or surges
billowy storm clouds
- The billowy, shapeless tent dress caused more than a few raised eyebrows when it first appeared in the spring "tentlike" not being the kindest description one can give a .
- Occasionally Billy lumbers over to another part of the yard--his massive gray body, wrinkled skin and billowy, fanlike ears intimidating yet at the same time irresistible.
- Green and white robed Meharis swooped in billowy formation, borne by swift camels.
News & Articles
- Gala marks 90th anniversary of founding of Crispus Attucks Community Center, Lancaster NAACP
Ty Bair, of Lancaster, is a schoolteacher, a member of a profession not normally known for sartorial excess.But Saturday night, Bair and two friends donned zoot suits — long, loose jackets and billowy trousers. They were wearing what jazz great Cab Calloway once called "the ultimate in clothes...
June 9, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Where can I get free doughnuts today?
Friday June 7 is National Doughnut Day. While it's easy to assume this billowy sweet treat is an all-American concoction, some food historians credit the Dutch, others German bakers and other research links them to Central Europe. Krispy Kreme, Dunkin¿ Donuts and Winn-Dixie bakeries will be honoring June 7 with free doughnuts. And while their products are fab, I thought it was great time to give ...
June 7, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel